Pertemps has worked with this technical manufacturing client for over 10 years under a national contract. In 2015 there was an opportunity at the Motherwell site to supply production operators on a sole supply basis (this part of the business had never used agency support previously). Based on our delivery results under the national contract we were awarded the sole supply and implemented the new contract to deliver 120 operators for a peak period over a 2-month timeframe. This requirement actually increased to 180 operators over the course of the project.
Due to the success of the project in 2015, the contract continued year on year, and we have supplied between 150 – 250 Production Operators annually to support in peak period. Pertemps has never underdelivered to the requirements set by the business on a weekly basis.
Each year the client has retained 20% of all contingent workers and converted them to permanent contract employees.
During our time supplying the Motherwell site, Pertemps has had in place a dedicated Account Manager to provide support for the site. In addition to this, there are 2 dedicated Consultants who provide support from the branch on the delivery and day to day management of the workers. The team attend the site twice a week to conduct meetings with the Operations Team and provide support to temporary colleagues onsite.
During 2020 peak project requirements hit the 168 mark, of these bookings 160 were filled within 2 days (95%) and 8 were filled within 5 days (5%). Which provided us with 100% delivery for a 5th year running.
Duties vary in line with the site’s needs but principally covered:
- Recruitment for the site in collaboration with the local branch, booking inductions and maintaining a pool of available workers
- Disclosure & Sanctions checks conducted and tracked to adhere to site requirements
- Drugs tests conducted before start dates in line with site requirements
- Monitoring and management of time and attendance
- Management of ‘return to works’, reports of poor performance and any disciplinary action required
- Attendance at weekly capacity meetings to understand manning requirements and identify any peaks or troughs to enable us to manage the talent pool
- Day to day contact for the workforce for payroll, pay queries, holiday booking, absence management and general queries
- Producing MI and reporting KPIs on a weekly & monthly basis including – fulfilment, absence, leavers, tenure, AWR and invoicing accuracy
Testimonial – "Having worked with Pertemps over the past several years, it makes the task of increasing our very seasonal workforce requirements very simple. Pertemps manage all our pre-employment screening and testing required so as I have workers ready to fill my requirements in a very short space of time.
"The team take a keen interest in my business and needs, even when I call up on a Friday afternoon with near-impossible demands." Client’s Operations Leader