Join our Family
For more than 50 years, the name of Pertemps has been synonymous with permanent and temporary recruitment. Starting off life as an independent family run business in 1961, Pertemps has grown to become one of the largest providers of staffing solutions in the UK, owned and controlled by its own employees.
With over 250 branches throughout the whole of the UK, we operate across a multitude of sectors and supplying diverse roles. We specialise in business process outsourcing delivered using a wide range of managed solutions such as Master Vendor, Neutral Vendor and Recruitment Process Outsourcing.
Our family values underpin everything we do allowing us to operate in an economically, socially and environmentally sustainable manner. We live and breathe our mission statement of being an agency that is committed to taking personal responsibility for our partners’ success. We stand by the principles of equality and fair treatment to all our workers and are committed to the promotion of diversity, both within our own workforce and the workforces of our clients.
We offer all employees opportunities to develop, from on-the-job coaching and mentoring, to the development of management skills and professional qualifications. By investing in our people, we believe not only will they grow but our business will to.
Are you a determined, driven individual with a passion for working with others? Check our openings now.
Central Ordering Team Leader
Central Ordering Team Leader
A permanent opportunity has arisen for a Team Leader on the Central Ordering Team based in the Shared Service Delivery Centre in Reading. The role involves managing a small team and working on a number of central accounts, liaising with the branch network and clients to ensure that vacancies are communicated, worked on an ultimately filled.
Your people management and strong leadership skills will be the key to your success in this role. The Team leader will be required to inspire and motivate a team of staff to provide the very highest standard of customer service within a welcoming challenging and commercially competitive environment.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience
- Organise and control the work of self and others (Essential)
- Demonstrable influencing skills (Essential)
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing. (Essential)
- Ability to coach train and motivate staff (Essential)
- Performance manage and develop staff (Essential)
- Use key Information Technology packages (Essential)
- Ability to deal with situations sensitively and maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times. (essential)
- Plan and organise to meet strict and changing deadlines (taking into account forthcoming work) and is able to build in contingencies. (essential)
- A flexible approach to problem solving with the ability to use your own initiative when faced with obstacles. (essential)
- Strong analytical skills (essential)
- Self-motivated (essential)
Duties generally involve:
- Implementing strategies and reviewing existing processes to ensure maximum efficiency at all times.
- Managing the daily running of the team, through effective resource planning and cost controls to meet ever changing demands of the business.
- Forecasting and analysing management information against budget figures on a weekly and/or monthly basis and seeking to control and reduce operating costs where appropriate.
- Ensuring all relevant communications, records and data are updated daily and weekly and accurately recorded.
- Liaising with other team leaders and third parties to share best practice, gather information and resolve issues;
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of Pertemps and the wider Industry developments and seeking to build and harness professional business networks.
- Monitoring random calls, spreadsheets and reports to improve quality, accuracy and track operative performance;
- Planning staff selection and recruitment, including timely production of advertisements and liaising with HR/client to ensure quick and efficient on-boarding of staff.
- Reviewing the performance of staff annually and quarterly to ensure focus and motivation towards the achievement of personal targets and objectives.
- Accurately and regularly identifying and monitoring the training needs; planning of individuals and the team. Carrying out coaching and development sessions, to ensure each individual reaches their full potential.
- Responsible for the accurate recording and reporting of key management information, statistics, user rates and performance levels of the team.
- Handling the most complex and/or escalated client complaints or enquiries to ensure a satisfactory outcome.
- Liaising and collaborating with managers, team leaders, agents and third parties to gather information, investigate facts and resolve issues;
- Organising staff rotas and schedules, making maximum use of efficient shift patterns and controlling the number of staff required to meet demand
- Coaching, motivating and retaining staff
- Knowledge of safety legislation/procedures (Essential)
- Awareness of the needs of different clients/stakeholders (Essential)
- Knowledge of HR policies and procedures (Essential)
It is essential that you have experience of management of people to apply for this role.
We are looking for experienced and committed managers and/or supervisors who can demonstrate, through their behaviours that they have the skills and experience to work within a high volume, fast paced commercial recruitment environment.
Your drive and personal impact will make a real difference to the service we provide to our teams and clients/stakeholders and your skills and ability will take you beyond traditional boundaries to display excellence in the role.
- Experience in identifying, delivering and evaluating excellent client/stakeholder service/s(Essential)
- Experience of meeting and exceeding challenging deadlines and targets (essential)
- Experience of analysing and creating accurate and timely management information for senior managers and clients
- Experience of setting up and monitoring processes which ensure accurate data input and high quality standards of work.
- Experience in problem solving to minimise risk.
If you would like to apply or have any questions about the role then please do not hesitate to contact Chris Murphy by phone on 0118 9500580 or by e-mail email@example.com. Application deadline is 5pm on Monday 23/12/2019.
Are you a versatile, confident, sociable individual who has bags of energy? Do you want to join an engaged and expanding team? Our Kettering based client is looking for Business Development Associates who are self-motivated and ready to hit the ground running.
There are permanent and temporar positions available where you would work Monday to Friday. Salary is between £18k and £25k depending on experience plus incentives and a bonus scheme.
Business Development Associate responsibilities include:
- Inbound & outbound B2B sales via phone and email working in different sectors
- Management of own database of clients
No 2 days for the successful Business Development Associates will be the same as you will be working on a variety of projects, whilst gaining knowledge in lots of different industries.
Interested in becoming a Business Development Associate? Attach your CV and click apply for consideration or call Erika for a confidential chat on 01536 216194.
Work for us!
Join our Family Are you a determined, driven individual with a passion for working with others? Check our openings now.